Thursday 21 May 2015

When Chilly Weather Stays

Hey fashionistas!
It doesn't feel like summer at all. It's May and it's still cold in Canada. However I have decided to get out of this mess and start incorporating interesting patterns and cuts in my outfit. 

Check out the pictures and read on to my layering techniques when it's still chilly during official summer days!

Layering a shorter jacket over a longer one has been my favourite trick to update my look. Here I layered a short leather jacket over a long checkered sleeveless vest and camel dress that grazes just at the ankle.


I went for ankle length camel dress that has animal print around the waist and wore a combat boot. Why I think ankle length is perfect length for all year round Is because you can layer anything with this length, like blazer, knee length vest, jacket, trench coat and still manage to look fashion forward. A boot is perfect if it's chilly and stiletto, wedges or platform heels would do when it's warm out there. However avoid round toe ballets with this length.


As an accessory I went for long strands of beaded necklace wore it under the collar of my vest.

Let me know what you think about today's ootd and whether you would try something like this. Hoping to hear from you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SUBSCRIBE TO A FASHIONHOLIC'S LIFE

* indicates required
Follow
Free Shipping on Orders over $50
Teri Jon Gold-Goddess-Cocktail 200 x 200